Tales of Idiocy and Woe...But Now I'm CRAZY in California!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The #1...

Yes, the Number One thing that people say to me is:

"Well, I'm pretty computer illiterate" or some variation of that comment. I was going to make a smart alec comment on this particular excuse, what with 'illiterate' meaning "unable to read and write", but when I checked Websters, it gave the definition of 'illiterate' as being:

1 : having little or no education; especially : unable to read or write
2 a : showing or marked by a lack of familiarity with language and literature b : violating approved patterns of speaking or writing
3 : showing or marked by a lack of acquaintance with the fundamentals of a particular field of knowledge

So, because of the third one, I cannot. Curses and swears all around! It seems all my customers are properly using the term, as much as the phrase annoys me. Dang it! Stupid Websters! Ruined what could have been a hilarious post! Argh! Until Next Time,

The Armchair Webster Hater

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home