Tales of Idiocy and Woe...But Now I'm CRAZY in California!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Okay. It's the Armchair COMPUTER Geek here, ONE LAST TIME. I've had these pictures lying around, and needed to throw them up here. I used to work at a nameless computer store (at least for another 3 months until my 'non-disclosure' clause wears out) where I learned many things. One of the lessons I was wanting to share was how to trick out a desktop computer. Many people get tired of the same old "Gray Box" sitting on their desk, so they go out and buy one of those pretty Macs for like and extra $2,000.

WAIT! Don't run out and pad Steve Job's pockets yet.

NO!

There's another way to give your computer a trendy, modern look:

Get some CASE MODS and trick that pony up baby!

Now I know what you're thinking. "Case Mods? Are you talking about a liquid cooling system or one of those Falcon Northwest automotive paint jobs?"

Well, that's how Bill Gates and Paris Hilton maybe mod their PCs, but let's face it; You're a cheapskate and most likely don't have $900 for a car, let alone a paint job on a computer.

SO, I have an alternative. With only a short trip to the dollar store, and possibly a Quinn the Eskimo, or San Fransisco (the store, not the place), you can get enough cool stuff to give your computer the exclusive flare that you're searching for!

The week that I left Asian Poodle Sprinkler computers, I had a customer bring in the hottest modded machine I've ever seen. It was straight up gansta. I snapped some shots to show all you wannabes how to drop it like it's hot.

BEHOLD:

- First, you need some skylight action



- Don't forget the trick LCD accent lights!



- And last, but not least, a viewing port!



ALL RIGHT! Now you perpetrators can be PLAYAS! I do believe that this is the FINAL installment of the Armchair Computer Geek. We'll now return to our regularly unsheduled "Crazy in California" posts! Until Next Time,

The Armchizzle Chizizzair G-Unit MafoSHO! Best Recagnize!

2 Comments:

  • dude, I remember that Unit. Thanks for the nice reminder, such a beauty it was.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:50 PM  

  • Man alive. Do I wish I had those computer mod skills.

    By Blogger Jonathan Klassen, at 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home