Tales of Idiocy and Woe...But Now I'm CRAZY in California!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The most horrible feeling in HISTORY!

OH MAN! I was on www.CTV.ca today, checking the ole' Cannuck news and whatnot when I saw a little devious link. It looked something like this:


So then, seeing Oscar Leroy's favorite son, I thought to myself "Hmmm...Can I actually watch Corner Gas online?" That sounded too good to be true! Watching one of the only good shows in CTV history online via broadband? Oh MAN! Yes PLEASE!

So I click the link.

Then, I this pops up:


CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY? I cannot believe that they won't let me watch because I'm not in Canada. Those Pinkos! Rejected, by my own people whom I so affectionately mock continually!?! The nerve! And guess what CTV?! I'm going to hang out at www.cbc.ca instead. You're stupid website just lost a hit, which drops the daily total of www.ctv.ca hits into the single digits (most of which are Rita McNeil and Kurt Browning checking to see what time their Christmas special reruns are on). HA! For the record, I was the guy who open-hand slapped Lloyd Robertson in the lips for $8 at the Toronto film festival. Next time I see him at the Junos, first guy to cough up a toonie gets to see me steal his toupee. Betrayed in Burbank,

Peter Mansbridge

2 Comments:

  • Reading your experience pained me so, but also intrigued me at the same time, igniting that same flicker of hope that you also felt. Ha Ha Ha, I thought to myself, he may be living the life, surrounded by such men of faith as John Macarthur, Rick Holland, Kurt Gehbards, but I at least will surround myself with those of great.... umm... okay dry prairie humor, but stinking hillarious to me! Alas, I hunted down the link, clicked, then gasped in horrror... they accused me of betraying this great land and roaming outside our precious and ill protected borders! How dare they! I now share your same sentiment although I do believe mine is of an increased severity as I have suffered through many a years of all that it means to be from the Canadian Prairies and they still deprive me of the one simple pleasure! As a rusult of this treason, I am plotting to flee the country... that'll show them! By the way, I have my toonie ready!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:57 PM  

  • Manitoba Lou? Who are you? Just curious, seeing that you know several facts about me...a little too much as it were.

    Either way, give my $2 and IT'S ON!

    By Blogger The Armchair Geek, at 2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home