Tales of Idiocy and Woe...But Now I'm CRAZY in California!

Friday, August 18, 2006

n00bing it up in Cali-for-ni-a!

Well, after 3,279 kilometers, a few too many episodes of "Corner Gas" (I nub lappies) and spending over a hour trying to find a room in Provos, Utah (when every single room was packed, although there was nothing happening in the city...all them mormons must hate staying in their own homes!), I'm finally here.

I'm in Burbank, California! W00t! I got into my place last night, finded an Ikea and a K-Mart, got all the stuff that I needed and had a sleep. (This is my first post from my new lappie 486 too! How am I posting, you might ask? Let's just say that unsecured wireless connections grow on TREES down here!)


So I headed down to my school today, met my faculty advisor, secretary, etc. and it's pretty sweet. My house is a freaking dank, but what's a playa to do? That's what I get for renting 'sight unseen'. Good news is that since I live in the local crack house, nobody will ever break in to my place to steal my lappie 486. And I'm NOT kidding. The place I'm renting looks like a crack house...it's the most rubbed-out skid pad on the block. When I pulled up to start unloading all my bars of gold, the neighbor walked up and asked said "So, new tennent? Well, are you going to mow the lawn this time?" (The "grass" is actually tall enough to conceal an engine block...I AM tempted...) Apparently my landlord doesn't maintain it....not that I mind. The neighbors are all scared of the crack house, so that's fine by me. Anyway, I shouldn't complain; God is gracious in giving me a place to live, and I can always move!

Okay...and as for all the tech vents that I've had coming that I couldn't post while I was working at Asian Poodle Sprinkler Computers (I'm on contract to not divulge info about the store for 6 months...so KEEP waiting!), they're coming. I'm a busy little beaver today though. Gotta get my Social Insurance Number, gotta buy a phone, gotta get my membership at the YMCA, etc.

And, to answer the million dollar questions:

"WHAT'S HAPPENING TO YOUR BLOG NOW?"

Well, It's turning into an "Adventures in SoCal" Blog! I'll change it over in the next few days or so, but I've got a digital camera and people down here are kinda crazy-go-nuts; I had to remember how to drive in the city...i.e. the kind of driving that requires screaming. (Like screaming "LORD! I'M COMING HOME!" as you pound the gas in an attempt to merge into 75 mph traffic on the I-170) I won't spoil the fun though. I'm anticipating LOTS of humerous observations from a Saskatchewan Farm/Tech Bum living in Crazy-Go-Nuts, California. Consider yourself warned,

The Armchair ? (?What am I now? What's the Spanish word for "forcably relocated Gopher"?)

3 Comments:

  • I, literally, laughed out loud Mark! Glad the office is dead today (being one of the last fridays of summer). Way to use your mad Spanish skills man!

    By Blogger Al, at 2:54 PM  

  • OH SNAP! That's "ATF"...and if I reorganize the letters, it spells "FAT". I'm the Armchair FAT. Only those who read this post will ever know.

    And Mark, did your SPANISH speaking wife help you at all with that one? Don't lie now. If she didn't (I know you've been living down there for over a year), then you're so freaking cool I'm going to have to bake you a bake.

    Ardillon trasladado forzosamente?

    Oh boy. I won't pronounce it right, but I AM going to introduce myself as that. Oh, and I'm hopefully going to have web in my house soon enough and won't have to hijack wireless. I'll be more regular on the posts then, and I'll have SKYPE action too. Awesome!

    By Blogger The Armchair Geek, at 11:23 PM  

  • hey its wyatt i threw a beaver in some veterans truck cab....he was mad cause he was driving girls in it....sucks fo r him

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home