Tales of Idiocy and Woe...But Now I'm CRAZY in California!

Sunday, July 31, 2005

And the Golden Gong award goes to...

Real conversation excerpt...no lie. Behold!

Customer: I saw a flyer in the paper that showed that you have some notebooks on sale. I want a cheap one with Windows XP.

Me: Okay. Well, we have a great little unit that I think you'd like. It's an IBM (model number and specs).

Customer: Oh. I'm not interested in buying a Mac. I need something with Windows.

Me: Uh, that's an IBM computer, both in brand and format. It does have Windows on it. Maybe I wasn't clear when I said that. My apologies.

Customer: It does have Windows? Oh. I thought IBM made Macs. I'm no much of a computer expert...(chuckles)

Me: (Chuckles as well) Oh really? Well, don't worry. I'm here to help you out... (conversation continues)

Okay. Now that takes the cake for today. I've never heard that one before, so customer "X" gets the covetted "Golden Gong" award. I'm so proud...Until Next Time,

The Armchair Award Presenter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home