Tales of Idiocy and Woe...But Now I'm CRAZY in California!

Thursday, October 06, 2005

HOW IN THE WORLD?!

How in the world do people shop for a computer? I mean, I cannot figure out some people for the life of me. Consider the following conversation excerpt from this morning:

Customer: I'm looking for a computer. What do you have?

Me: Well, you've come to the right place! I've got tons of computers! What kind did you have in mind?

C: I don't know.

M: Well, let's try to narrow it down. Do you want a desktop or a laptop?

C: I don't know.

M: Well, do you want it to be portable or is it going to be sitting at home on a desk?

C: I don't know.

M: Okay. Let's try a different approach. What do you think you'll be doing with it?

C: I don't know.

M: Well, will you be e-mailing with it?

C: I don't know.

M: Do you want to be on the internet?

C: I don't know.

M: Do you want to word process?

C: Maybe...maybe not.

M: Okay. Do you want to play games?

C: I don't know.

M: What kinda price range are you thinking of?

C: I'm not sure.

***
Eventually I got through to the customer and got an actual response out of him. Needless to say, he didn't buy anything. I almost laughed at him...but I'm a super nice guy and I didn't want to come across as rude. Just one question though...WHY would he be that clueless and try to shop for something technical? I could have handed him a dead carp with a power cable shoved in it's lips and told him it was a computer, and from the responses he gave me (and technical knowledge he evidenced), he would have not known any better and would have considered buying it (Well, Future Shop has a Rainbow Trout with a 220 cable for $100 more...do you have something like that? What's the warranty on that fish anyways?). How can people be clueless and attempt to shop for a piece of technical hardware? Would anyone ever attempt that with something like a nuclear weapon? No! Countries that get nuclear weapons learn about the hardware before dropping millions on bad weaponry that kills them instead of their enemies...well, most countries do (North Korea...I'm talking to you). And come to think of it, people are that dumb with regards to buying cars. Hmm...people might just be that idiotic in general. That sounds most likely, and for time constraints, we'll go with that. Until Next Time,

The Armchair Shopping Fool

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home