Tales of Idiocy and Woe...But Now I'm CRAZY in California!

Friday, September 23, 2005

September 23, 2005: The daily Golden Gong award goes to...

...drum roll please. Every now and then, someone walks into my shop and says something so ludacris, so absurd, so stupid, that even I pause in stunned amazment. Today, the covetted Armchair Geek's Golden Gong award (otherwise known as the "A-Triple G" award) went to the customer who came in and said:

"Hey. I'm working in the oil patch and I don't have a lot of money. What is your cheapest 17' monitor?"

I mean...You're in the oil patch and you don't have a lot of money? Excuse me? The people in the oil patch are the only people who have money! Ha! I almost...almost...laughed in his face. But I didn't because I'm a professional. Damn Skippy. Until Next Time,

The Armchair Geek

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home