Tales of Idiocy and Woe...But Now I'm CRAZY in California!

Friday, August 26, 2005

Read and weep...

Details matter. Behold the following conversation my tech had (I didn't have the conversation so I won't have all the details perfect, but I'll recount it for you):

Customer: Hey. I'm wondering if the computer I have now can be upgraded.

Tech: Well, most likely. What do you mean by 'upgraded'?

C: I want to run Windows XP on it.

T: Well, when did you buy it?

C: 3 years ago. It was a good computer back then.

T: 3 years? Oh? You bought it then and it didn't already come with Windows XP?

C: No. It's running a different version of Windows.

T: Do you know which version?

C: Windows 3.1.

T: ?! Windows 3.1?! That's a real old version of windows!

C: Yeah. That's why I want to upgrade.

T: It sounds like your computer is a LOT older than 3 years old...

C: Well, it was used when I got it. But I got it for a good price.

T: I don't think I want to know what you paid for it. It sounds like it's like 10 years old.

C: I don't know how old it is. I thought it was like 4 years old. Maybe not.

T: Maybe not...well none the less, I don't think it will run Windows XP.

C: That stinks. Well, thanks for the information.

T: Have a great day!

***
I personally have conversations like this every day. People get taken for a ride all the time, buying old crap for nine times the worth of the product. Poor suckers. Come buy from me. At least I'm honest, and if you're an idiot, the worst thing that will happen from you is that you'll end up on a blog. Fair deal? Thought so. Until Next Time,

The Armchair Blogger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home