Tales of Idiocy and Woe...But Now I'm CRAZY in California!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A Recent Intelligence Report...

...Suggests that none of our operative have encountered any intelligence. I've been not blogging much on this blog as of late, but here's some of the stuff that has happened over the last 2 weeks or so:

1. I had a woman come in with a full beard. Not the typical "feminine fuzz" either. That's understandable and easily tolerated...but this woman had like hair on her upper lip, cheeks and chin that was like a whole centimeter long. It wasn't very thick but it was very unsettling. It was hard to not stare...but I'm a trooper and stood strong. Still, I didn't really think women ever could look like that...uh, yeah.

2. I have had several calls regarding the playstation 3. I don't have a clue where people get their information, but my store doesn't have them. They're not released until November. No store anywhere has them. STOP CALLING!

3. I have had enough of people asking "is that taxes in?", as if it's some sort of sneaky bargaining strategy. In North America, retail price never includes taxes...at least not anywhere I've ever shopped. Please stop asking that question. It's not sneaky and you're not that stupid.

4. I had a woman call me the other night to complain that she got ripped off when she bought her computer. Well, that's not exactly how it went. Apparently she bought a system from us over a year ago. She had recently somehow seen some sort of computer flyer and noticed at how much cheaper they are a year after she bought hers. She was very unsettled at how things were so much cheaper at someone else's store than they were at ours, and she called to inform me that she was not impressed with my store. I talked to her for 8 minutes, trying to explain that prices drop on technology regularly, but she refused to listen. Apparently she had a friend who was a 'computer expert' who told her that she got ripped off...though the fact had apparently come to her attention the previous day and was important enough to merit a heated phone call. I tried everything I could to get through to her, but everytime I said anything she insisted that she didn't have a problem with me, since I didn't sell her the machine. She just wanted to bring this important information to somebody's attention, so the injustice of over-charging wouldn't happen again. Sheesh!

5. I had a person call me and ask me what was wrong with their computer. Now that's not uncommon...what was uncommon was that they couldn't answer a single question that I had. They didn't know the symptoms, they didn't know what they were doing when 'it' happened, they didn't know if it would start and they didn't even know what kind of computer or operating system they had. I felt like one of the wisemen trying to tell Nebuchadnezzar his dream and then interpret it...

6. This one was awesome. A girl came in with a 3 month old bag and tried to return it because she "had found something nicer at another store". I told her that she couldn't because it was 3 months old and she responded that the salesman had told her that she could return it at any time for a full refund. I told her to come back and then talk to the salesman in an effort to return her bag after 3 months for a full refund. No beans. I'm shocked.

I've also had my rash of silly credit questions (and the standard 2 people a day who try to finance something without a job or any credit at all), they constant confessions of "I'm completely illiterate with this stuff" and much other general insanity. Well, I'm off to get my laundry. Until Next Time,

The Armchair Soothsayer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home