Tales of Idiocy and Woe...But Now I'm CRAZY in California!

Friday, May 05, 2006

SO the other day...

...I was flipping channels on one of the media center PCs at work and I could not believe my eyes: the movie Falling Down was on TV. For those of you that have never seen it, it's essentially a movie about a guy who goes nucking futz one day and loses it on various merchants and individuals who he feels are dishonest/rude/idiotic. It's essentially where all the dinglenuts get what's coming to them, FINALLY. The whole scene with him in the Korean "Quickie Mart" is priceless...also the line he delivers on the golf course to the guy having the heart attack is awesome. That movie is such an inspiration. If I ever meet Michael Douglas, I'm going to yell at him for not making a sequel (although the main character gets killed at the end of the movie...I guess it would have been tough). There should have been like 17 movies in a Falling Down franchise.

They could make a second movie with another character in it though...someone with just as much angst and temporarily restrained insanity. Someone who is equally frustrated with the unwashed masses. Someone who dreams of going crazy on the proletariat without getting let go do to 'corporate restructuring'. Hmm. Well, I'm going to start a writing campaign to Warner Brothers...which will most likely make them jump to drop $40 million on a sequel. Okay...never mind. At least I know what I'm going as for halloween...(imagine me dresed up as Michael Douglas from Falling Down, showing up at a party)

Random person: "So what did you dress up as?"

Me: "I didn't. This is the first day that I took my costume off in a long time. It feels good!" (holding briefcase and shotgun and speaking matter-of-factly in a half whisper)


HA! Okay. Many things to do today! Until Next Time,

The Armchair Michael Douglas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home