Tales of Idiocy and Woe...But Now I'm CRAZY in California!

Friday, December 09, 2005

I'm hungry for Macaroni and Cheese...

...but I'm stuck here. So, while I'm sitting at work watching Numb3rs (it's kinda SLOW today), I'll blog about a problem that I have at work dealing with Numbers. There's a bizarre problem that people have with understanding numbers, specificall abstract numbers. For example, take the following phone call as an example:

Dirty Dingus McGee: Hey. This is Dirty Dingus McGee and I dropped me computer off yesterday. I'm wondering if it's done.

Me: Let me check. (wanders off and checks the shelf) Sorry Dirty Dingus. Your computer isn't finished. It's in the queue and it'll most likley hit the bench late today or tomorrow.

DDM: Okay. I'll come in at 5:00 and pick it up on my way home from work.

Me: Well, I'd suggest calling first as I'm not sure when it's going to be done. It might be today, it might be tomorrow.

DDM: But you just said it'll be ready later this afternoon.

Me: Uh, well not exactly. I said that it will most likely hit the bench sometime late today or tomorrow. I don't really know when it would be done. If we are really busy, it will take longer to get finished. If we aren't so busy and (Technician's name) gets through his other stuff quick, it may be done today.

DDM: Okay. I'll come in tomorrow and get it.

Me: Well, in order to not make a trip in vain, you should give us a phone call first.

DDM: Okay. I'll see you tomorrow. (hangs up)

Me: *sigh*

*****************************
Some people just cannot understand that I don't know when things will happen. ARGH! Anyway, that's just the spastic timpani in this cacophonous symphony of my life. Until Next Time,

The Armchair Prophet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home