Tales of Idiocy and Woe...But Now I'm CRAZY in California!

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Tis the season...

...for silliness and idiocy. The other day, a guy asks me:

"Hey, are you going to have a boxing day sale?"

Not a stupid question, per say, but I'd think he'd know that an electronics/computers store would be having a boxing day sale. Maybe not though...I guess.

Anyway, I said "yes". Then, he asks me:

"Can I get the boxing day sale price today?"

And I had to say "No. It's not boxing day. Also, I don't really know what's going to be on sale and for how much. That's a job for the magesterium to decide." (Okay. I didn't say "magesterium", but I DID say the name of our headquarters...in Utah...)

Then he starts begging for a boxing day sale price on like the 20th of December. Not begging, but whining. He had to drive all the way across town and he really wants "that" item and on and on. Anyway, I was kinda annoyed but a whole lot confused at how a guy whines that it's not boxing day. How bizarre is that? That's like going to a Tony Romas and trying to get the 'all-you-can-eat' ribs on Thursday afternoon. I mean, why would you even ask? I must admit, I wasn't sure whether to admire the strange courage or annoyed by the stupidity. That was an interesting sensation.

Until Next Time,

The Armchair Pre-Boxing Day Salesman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home