Tales of Idiocy and Woe...But Now I'm CRAZY in California!

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Absolutely Random Insanity...

Tired...10 hour day...computers down...writing every invoice out manually...going crazy...ate too much chicken...watched too much Muppet Show!

Well, today was a crazy-go-nuts day. Head office moved, and that means that our computer system was down all day long. No invoices. No checking on work orders. No checking of prices (or costs) on anything. No nothing. Just writing everything out on a spreadsheet and having to re-enter everything tomorrow morning. What a gong show!

I came home at lunch and some random person called for Captain Insano (roomie #3). You know I'm having a long and draining day when a random person phones my house and I ask them "You're not calling about all the guns in the basement are you?" Apparently he didn't know what I was talking about. That made two of us. Man! I don't have a clue where that comment came from...I tell a lie.

It came from my "booze gland", which is somewhere on the top of my brain stem. Cheryl Dyck, a good friend and medical professional (she once performed a heart transplant on herself!), once explained to me that I have an over-active "booze gland" that secretes chemicals into my brain that make me go nuts and say things that make absolutely no rational sense. It's usually active after I've been awake for like 17-18 hours, so I don't see it's fruits much. Today, my "booze gland" was running as of around 4:00pm. That's bad news. Mouth and brain are officially disconnected...

Anyway, today was weird. Far too many crazy phone calls. I had an asian man come in, but he didn't speak a word of English. He was chatty, but I didn't get a single syllable of what he said. That was really weird; he kept looking at me as if I was understanding him.

Oh, and apparently this one girl has a boyfriend who's going to come in and "tear me a new one" because I didn't replace her ball mouse 'under warranty' when it was simply dirty. I cleaned it and it worked fine, but apparently the boyfriend sent her to get a new one. Seeing as she didn't want to return without one, I sold her a nice optical one for like $10. She came back today to tell me that he's going to come back to our store and kick our butts...over the fact that I wouldn't replace a product that wasn't broken. Apparently he's quite agitated over the whole issue of having to pay for merchandise. If he comes in tomorrow, I'll lay money on the table that I sell him another mouse. HA! What a nutcase. I'll also do my best to mention 'Chuck Norris' 5 times in our conversation.

Life is more fun when you make it into a sport.

Enisferum: Best music for closing up shop.

Until Next Time,

The Armchair Nuck Chizzle

P.S. - I'm a cucumber.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home