Tales of Idiocy and Woe...But Now I'm CRAZY in California!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ding the Dong Dell...

Oh Jerry! I had a good one today! Read on and weep:

Lady: Hello? I recently ordered a computer from you and I'm wondering if I can change the order.

Me: Sure. Who did you buy it from?

Lady: You.

Me: Okay. So can I get your name and number?

Lady: (gives me info)

Me: Uh, i don't have you in my database. Let's try phone numbers. What's you're phone number.

Lady: (gives phone number).

Me: Hmmm. I don't have that in my database either. Did you buy it under a business name or number, or maybe did you give me your cellular number when you ordered it?

Lady: No. I ordered it in my name.

Me: Hmmm. Do you know the name of the salesman that helped you out?

Lady: Uh, I think his name was Raj.

Me: Raj? Uh, are you sure it wasn't Beatrice, or Alice, or Penelope? Those are the names of the other sales guys here, and my name is Gladys. We don't have anyone named "Raj" working here at all. (Names have been changed to not compromise any persons under witness protection)

Lady: What? He was there yesterday? I don't have time for this. Put Raj on the phone. I just want to upgrade something on my order.

Me: (Suspecting what's going on) What store were you trying to call?

Lady: Dell. Isn't this Dell?

Me: Well, actually no. This is 'Asian Poodle Sprinkler Computers'. We're a local company that sells refurbished Dell products every now and then, but we're not a Dell outlet, nor are we connected with them.

Lady: Well, it says in the phonebook that you're a Dell seller.

Me. Well, as I mentioned, we're a local company that sells refurbished Dell products, but you cannot change Dell orders via us.

Lady: What? It says "Dell" in the phonebook...

Me: But we're not "Dell" per say. We sell some Dell refurbished products, but we're not Dell. I mean, did you call us when you ordered it?

Lady: That's false advertising.

Me: (ignoring the accusation) Well, I'm guessing you called 1-800-4My-Dell as opposed to 555-1337 (our number) when you bought it. That's the number I'm guessing you thought you called. Did you get that? 1-800-4My-Dell. That's Dell's number. I'm sure if you called them, they have someone who can take your 'change of order'. I do appreciate your call though...if you ever need service for your Dell, feel free to bring it by our shop! We have A+ certified technicians!

Lady: Well...whatever. I'm calling Dell and complaining.

Me: I'm sorry? Complaining about what?

(Lady hangs up phone)

**********

SHEESH! She dialed the wrong number and gets mad at ME, even when I try to help her find the right number to go buy a product at another vendor! I'd love to hear her 'complaint' call to Dell too. That would be a keeper:

Lady: Hello?

Dell: Hello?

Lady: I'd like to register a complaint. I called a WRONG number and they couldn't help me with any modifications to my order! I'm VERY upset at your service!

***********

Sometimes you laugh, sometimes you cry, sometimes you get angry. Sometimes you're simply stunned. This was one of those times. I'm going home to eat...I need to buy a new computer. Doh! Until Next Time,

The Armchair Raj

3 Comments:

  • this is wyatt and that girl was a newb

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:21 AM  

  • I love your spamming. Wyatt, why did you comment a second time with such a stupid link? I blame you, you know. Sheesh.

    By Blogger The Armchair Geek, at 8:04 PM  

  • Hello, This is Raj here from Dell. Apparently you've been getting my phone calls? I think we have a mix up somewhere. I'll have to pass this information on to my supervisors. Sorry for any mix-ups and thanks for choosing Dell!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home